1. Reduces wireless interference issues across campus.
2. Allows the use of a cross-platform utility named “XpressConnect” to easily configure the wireless settings and connect from your device.
3. “eduroam” is a secure, world-wide wireless service developed specifically for the international research and higher education community.
eduroam allows UMass Lowell students, faculty, and staff to obtain free wireless connectivity at participating Institutions around the world, by simply opening their device and connecting to the eduroam network at that institution. This makes connecting to the Internet easy and convenient when visiting other campuses for conferences, research, or other reasons. Similarly, visitors from those participating institutions can easily get wireless access on the UMass Lowell campus by connecting to the ‘eduroam’ network here.
eduroam is currently available at 178 institutions in the US and thousands of institutions in world-wide. Within the UMass system, the President's office and UMass Amherst are members of the eduroam community. More info on eduroam can be found here. Maps are available of participating institutions in the United States and at international locations.
Additional information and connection instructions can be found on the wireless access page here: Note:
• The “uml-admin” wireless network will remain available in academic and administrative locations until January 2015
• The “UMassLowell” guest wireless network is available for guests and visitors to UMass Lowell
• Students with game consoles can also use the “UMassLowell” wireless network to obtain special network access for those devices
If you have any questions, please contact the IT Help Center at 978-934-4357 (x44357), via firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the web at http://helpdesk.uml.edu.