Mountains, Mountains and More Mountains

As we ventured away from huarmey and into smaller villages I could not help but be engulfed by the beauty of the mountains. The ride from huarmey to huanchey was incredible, we got a righed from a truck driver and sat in a small carriage on top of the cab. Although the ride was on unpaved roads and incredibly bumpy the views seemed unreal. Huanchey is nice village and the people are incredible friendly. The food is also amazing, I have yet to have a meal that I have not been utterly satisfied with.

Between our trip from huarmey to huanchey we stopped at a small village called turripampa (probably spelt wrong) to disassembly a wind mill that had been installed on a previous trip. The goal is to move the wind mill to a new location about a quarter mile away. The family we stayed with were extremly nice and seemed pleased to have us in their company. The children tried to teach us spanish and learn english. I brought a football along for the trip and the kids were excited to try something new, I think we would have played all night if the sun didnt go down. I was a little sad to leave the family, but I knew their was work to be done in Huanchey.

Categories

patti Donovan said:

Hi Rick,
What an amazing journey you are having. Know you understand why I love working with children they are a joy and especially when you teach them something. I hope that you are taking lots of pictures so you can always have great visuals to remember of this extraordinary trip. Keep up the good work and the blogs. I'm so proud!!!
Love and Miss you MOM
P.S. Beautiful writing

Danielle said:

Hey Ricky,
i'm so proud of you for doing this. It sounds like your enjoying your time there. That is so cool you got to teach the kids what football is.

love you