Leaving on Jet Plane

We are leaving today from Logan Airport to go to Ghana.  Please check back later for a posting about our trip and the begining of this blog.  Don't forget to look to the tab on the right and check out the student entries to their blog. More to come..........

June Nickless said:

Our love and prayers are with all of you. And our largest request from all of you is that you take good care of my niece, Valerie.
June and George Nickless

Gina Long said:

Hello Everyone!
Have a very safe and inspiring trip!
God Bless You All!

Gina Long ( Liz's Mom )

Gail Gregg said:

Hi Val, wishing you all a very safe journey and looking forward to hearing about your adventures through your blog! Happy New Year everyone!

Gina Long said:

Hello Everyone!
Have a very safe and inspiring trip!
God Bless You All!

Gina Long (Liz's Mom)

Ginnie Hall said:

We are all praying for you to have a safe and uncomplicated trip. Our prayers will follow you, your students and others who accompany you along your journey. The good you are doing will never be forgotten. What a way to start the New Year!! 2010 is starting as a great adventure for all of you. Blessings and love to all.

Peter White said:

Have a wonderful trip, making a difference every day.
God travels with you.

kimberly champagne said:

have a safe trip and come home in one piece we will miss you. My prayers are with you. I hope you help alot of people. wish i could be their helping you.
kimberly

kimberly champagne said:

have a fun and safe trip. I will pray for your safe return. Don't eat the meat and don't drink the water. stay safe.
Kimberly Champagne

Karyn Carter said:

Hi Val and group! Happy Landing and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am anxiously waiting to see pictures of you!
Karyn Carter

Jackie Roper said:

I am praying at this moment for a safe flight as you all are in the air from London to Ghana. May this be a profound and enriching experience for all of you! Hugs all around!

David Drinkwater said:

Hi Val,

It sounds like an exciting trip and one that I'm sure will mean alot to those on Ghana that you travel there to help - not to mention the wonderful experience it will bring to all of you from the nursing program who are joining Val on this trip.

I'm looking forward to reading about your efforts while you're there so I'll plan to check in with your blog frequently over the next few weeks to read what's happening.

Val - I'm proud that you are giving so much of your time and talent to help the people of Ghana in this way. However, knowing you for as long as I have - your willingness to get involved in such a venture doesn't surprise me at all.

Take care,

David
(a friend of Val's since the 6th grade)

Lisa Abdallah said:

May God keep you all safe and well throughout your journey. Lisa

Jackie Roper said:

Thinking of all of you and hoping you are sleeping peacefully after a long trip there! Hope you have profoundly enriching experiences!

peggy kleimon said:

Jody- I am so proud of you!!! cannot wait to hear all about your trip Peggy

laurie soroken said:

Hi everyone!

Have a safe trip. Always looking forward to your emails!

God Bless!
Laurie Soroken

Deb Finch said:

Best of luck, Val. This is a terrific opportunity you are making available for students!

Mum Bastian said:

Am so proud of you and the "girls"... Please stay safe and healthy and know our thoughts and prayers are with you. so anxious to read your blog! How will you celebrate New Year's Eve. That should be interesting! Make a memory!! Love you bb

Maribel Ortiz said:

I hope this trip is productive and safe. You guys are an inspiring group. It's great to see that there are people willing to do such selfless acts. Great job. I'll miss you Val.

Edie and Bill Peterson said:

We are so very proud of all of you. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of you. You are going to make the best nurses. Can't wait to hear from Michelle. We love you honey. Stay safe and enjoy the journey.

Alfride Prevost-Ricardo said:

Hi everyone,I hope you are already enjoying your trip. I am proud of you. On the other hand, I am sure that you went there to help people, but at the end, you will feel tremendously blessed. God Bless you all. We will keep you in our prayers

Al

Thinking of you with each passing day; hope you're enjoying the experience and having a remarkable opportunity to make a difference in the process. S, KDM

Mum Bastian said:

thinking about you every moments and hope and You are wonderfully courageous ladies.....to be congratulated. Stay safe, please. Mum Bastian

Mum Bastian said:

not sure if you are getting my comments or not....but here goes again. Am so so proud of all of you wonderful girls.....Stay safe and healthy Love MUM

Michele Bettinelli said:

Hi Val - hope all is well. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!!!
Michele

Mum Bastian said:

I don't think that my daily comments have gone through, Val. Anyway Happy New Year, dear one. Stay safe and Happy. MUM

Peter White said:

Val,
Hope you and your students have a great trip. You are making a big difference!
Peter

Jackie Roper said:

Wishing a Happy & Peaceful New Year to everyone.

Peggy Knight said:

Hope you have landed and are safely on your journey. Awaiting an update on your status!! Be safe!

Kellie Carter said:

Good luck there in Ghana! You all are doing such a wonderful thing! Kellie

This page contains a single entry by King, Valerie L published on December 27, 2009 1:51 PM.

Valerie's Story was the previous entry in this blog.

Leaving on a Jet Plane: Part Deux is the next entry in this blog.