March 2011 Archives
The Office of Information Technology is pleased to announce the availability of a new Self-Service Password Management tool called "myPassword" to securely manage your email account password. After creating a myPassword profile, you can instantly reset or change your password in compliance with UML Password Requirements.
In addition to email/webmail, employees & students can already use their email address and password to access the Emergency Notification System, library resources, the wireless network, Echo360 lecture capture, and other business applications like HR Direct, e*mpac Finance System, and Summit reporting.
Plans are underway to soon use these same email credentials to access iSiS and the Online Housing Gateway. However, all iSiS passwords are currently still managed through the "Forgot Your Password?" or "Change Your Password" links off the iSiS login screens (see image below).
You are greatly encouraged to create a myPassword profile and reset your email password TODAY!
- Reset your password if you’ve forgotten it. There’s no need to contact the Help Desk for future password resets!
- Create challenge and response questions to verify your identity.
Always available 24x7 all year long from any computer with an internet connection.
- Get automated email notifications when your password has been changed or when your password is close to expiring.
- Keeps your password the same for all services like email, wireless, emergency notifications, and library services. iSiS logins using your email address will be available Later this year.
- You can choose your own password or let the system generate one for you.
- Quickly and securely unlock your account due to incorrect password entries.
- Works seamlessly with Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox