Waiting for Irene

As I am writing this blog, freshmen are enjoying their first night in college.  They are all meeting new friends and enjoying a new and different lifestyle.  If it wasnít for hurricane Irene, upperclassmen would be moving tomorrow.  Unfortunately, but probably for the better, upperclassmen move in has been postponed until Monday.  The weather on Monday will be sunny and in the 70s or 80s which is much better than the heavy rain and 40 mph or higher winds tomorrow. 

For such an exciting time it is too bad an unfortunate turn of events has occurred.  My roommate is unable to live on campus anymore for personal reasons.  He let Reslife know officially this past week, but I have heard nothing from Reslife about my situation.  I am in a double at the ICC so I will assume I will be assigned a random roommate, but I have heard nothing.  I will be moving in on Monday not knowing whether or not I even have a roommate.  It has now been a couple days since my old roommate has told Reslife and they havenít even told me my old roommate isnít living on campus anymore.  I know everything will work out for the best and I am not worried at all, but it would still be nice to know my situation before I moved in.

Thatís all for now.  Stay safe during Irene and Iíll blog again this week updating my living situation! Talk to you soon!