Classes Are Officially In Session

Today is Monday and this is the first full week of classes!  Like I mentioned in an earlier post, all the teachers are really nice and are eager to help you learn the material.  UMass Lowell does offer tutors in various buildings on all the campuses.  I have a Calculus exam next Monday and a Biology exam next Friday.  Now I'll get to see what college academics are really like.  Wish me luck!  I had my first labs last week too.  They were mostly about laboratory safety, but I canít wait until we start doing actual labs!  Summer is officially over!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I joined the Ultimate Frisbee club.  I had two practices last week and it was really fun.  We threw the Frisbee around and scrimmaged.  There were about 30-35 players total.  We play different college teams and attend many tournaments, but freshman usually do not play since the upperclassmen are more experienced.  My friends and I are considering making an intramural softball team, but weíll see how that goes because we are running out of time since rosters are due in a couple days.  I highly advise getting involved in different clubs and activities.  I already met so many people and made new friends!

Well Iím going to go grab something to eat and get ready for the Pats game at 7.  GO PATS!  Talk to you later!

Phil said:

The name of the commencement song is "Pomp & Circumstance".

Leave it me, your Uncle Phil, to know that bit of useless info.