Freshman Orientation

Freshman Orientation was awesome! I was able to make new friends, sleep in the resident halls, and even find out my schedule.

At orientation, we were split up into about fourteen groups. (I was in group 7) For most of the orientation, we stayed on South Campus, but we did take a tour of North Campus. Other activities included seeing a skit performed by the orientation leaders and some ice-breaker games.  The skit showed all the stereotypes of college and it was actually hilarious. The games were a great way to meet new people and start conversations because it can be a little awkward when you donít know anybody.  The best activity was definitely staying in the Campus Recreation Center for a couple hours on the first night.  This was where you got to spend a lot of time with your new friends and play basketball, ping pong, pool, and much more! Iím not very good at ping pong, but I did win a game of HORSE so I guess it balances out.  There were also some seminars and speeches, but if you pay attention, volunteer, and answer questions, you win prizes so they are still fun.  Everyone was really nice and the leaders were helpful and they answered all of our questions.  Being able to sleep in a residence hall was a good experience too.  We were actually able to order some pizza at a local place at night and there was a huge thunderstorm at about two in the morning, but I love thunderstorms so it just added to the great experience.   And we even got our schedule at the end of orientation! I have an 8:30 class four days a week and I think thatís way too early for a college student (just kidding), but I guess I might need some caffeine.  The university tried to put the people in your orientation group in the same classes so at least we recognize some faces on the first day of classes.

The two day orientation was a very informative and fun experience.  And donít forget to be FIRED UP!