New Years Resolutions

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a great holiday. I know I did. I got to hang out with my family and see my cousin from New York. It has been great to just take a step back and breathe. Winter break is perfect for that. A month full of breathing. 

Over the holiday, I got all of my grades for this semester. I got an A in Research III, an A- in Poetry and in Acting, and a B+ in Politics. I have to wait for my ASL grade to transfer in from Northern Essex, but I'm 99.9999% sure I passed it. (It transfers in as Pass/Fail) Not too shabby I think.

On a more serious note, 2010?!?!?!? Really?!? I can't believe that 2010 is right around the corner. Who woulda thunk it!? 2010... my graduation year... it's crazy. So for my last semester, I am setting some resolutions for myself in honor of the new year. I figure if they're in writing, I'm more likely to keep them.

#1. Get into Graduate School. Accept. Figure out the financial stuff. I'm getting there now, but I have to keep up the good work next semester.

#2. Go to Graduate School. I can get accepted, but taking the leap and going is another story.

#3. Keep my GPA above a 3.6. (That's right, I kicked butt this semester and got my GPA to a 3.6) None of this senioritis stuff, I have to keep it up! I want to graduate with honors.

#4. Meet new people. So what if it's my last semester? It never hurt anyone to make new friends. I don't want to leave any stone left unturned at UML.

#5. Excel at my job. I want to walk away from my job knowing that I made an impact and that I left my mark in Residence Life.

I think they these are pretty decent resolutions. I know that I want to achieve a lot in my life and 2010 and the turn of a decade seems like a perfectly good time to hit the gas and get it going.

Everyone should comment with their resolutions for their next year. Especially academic resolutions. Power in numbers, folks!

As always, thanks for reading!!!!
Sam

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: New Years Resolutions.