Grad School Update & My Weekend Plans

Hey everyone -

GRAD SCHOOL UPDATE -

I've narrowed my choice down to three schools and they are all in Massachusetts. I know that seems crazy because I was so convinced about going to NC but because of family things and a few serious discussions with my mother, I've decided that for grad school I'm going to stay local, then if I choose to go away, then I should try then.

Also, last week I registered for the GRE's. Basically they are like the SAT's for grad school, but way harder. I'm scheduled to take them in December. I've been prepping here and there since the summer. I recently received a new practice book, DVD and book about the test. I'm hoping they help a little bit. I only want to take the GRE's once.

I've also filled out some of the applications and outlined my personal statement. Basically, a personal statement is an essay about what you want to do and why. I feel really comfortable with where I want to go with it, but I've been putting off writing it. I NEED TO GET THAT DONE. Haha.

I have also confirmed three people to write recommendations for me. Two professors and one of my supervisors. I'm really excited they all agreed and I think that over the past 3 and a half years they have gotten to know me the best.

Okay, so on a less stressful note (meaning this has NOTHING to do with Grad School), I am taking my brother to a comedy show tomorrow night. (If he somehow finds this blog in the next 24 hours, you can bet I'm going to be mad. I've kept this a secret for MONTHS) So if you remember last year, the comedian Mike Birbiglia came to UML. HE WAS A RIOT. He joked about everything from freshmen living at the Radisson to his brother and their relationship. So fast forward to the beginning of the summer when I found out he was on tour (!!!!!!!!). I ordered the tickets on the spot. My brother wants to be a comedian so I knew he would enjoy it, and VOILA easy birthday gift. 

Well, I'm super excited to head home for the first time in almost a month and I'm sure my family is too... So I'm going to start packing (and by packing, I mean throwing my laundry into a basket.. and hoping it all fits)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Grad School Update & My Weekend Plans.