Grad School Update

Hey everyone,

So I've been INSANELY busy lately with class work. It is definitely CRUNCH TIME! Finals are right around the corner. My craziness is winding down now though. I am one paper and one exam away from summer.

Summer approaching means ORIENTATION is right around the corner as well. YAY! If you're an incoming freshman, a parent of an incoming freshman or a transfer student, make sure you sign up for Orientation at uml.edu/smartstart!

(Insert awkward transition from Orientation to Grad School... HERE)

So, lately i've been thinking a lot about Grad School again. I'm starting to ask professors for recommendations (I figure give them the whole summer to work on it), I'm checking out application fees and GRE (the SAT's of college) dates. It's getting more and more real. I can't wait!

I'm also waiting for my mom to let me know which days she got off in August so we can fly to NC to check out schools. I have to call and set up tours and meetings with the university and the department themselves.

I've gotten a lot of my family to come to terms with the fact that I might be leaving for a year or two. They know i'm looking at schools locally, but ideally i'm ready for a new adventure. My little brother is the newest fighter on me staying local. Figures, my mom accepts it and my brother starts saying I'm not allowed to go. (He's 11.. it's almost cute!) We'll have to wait and see how that goes though.

Ankle update: One more week in the cast! I go back for an x-ray on the 15th and if all looks well, then YAY no more cast. Which means for finals week I will be cast-less. I'm looking forward to being able to walk around (a lot) and swim (a lot) for the summer.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Grad School Update.