Awards

Hey everyone,

So last week I found out so pretty cool news. I got accepted both into Psi Chi and Who's Who.

Psi Chi is the Psychology Dept. Honors Program. In order to get accepted into Psi Chi one needs a certain overall GPA and a certain psychology GPA. I met both requirements and I am officially a member for life.

When it came to Who's Who, I didn't really understand what it was. I just knew a bunch of people kept saying "You better apply" and were sending me applications left and right. So I did my research and the Who's Who website said...

"Through our years of serving higher education, Who's Who Among Students exists as one of the most highly regarded and long-standing honors programs in the nation, having earned the over-whelming respect of college faculties and administrations. For the students - the outstanding campus leaders of the year - national recognition by the Who's Who program marks a pinnacle of scholastic achievement."

It basically means I'm really involved and I'm a leader. (And I'm awesome... just kidding!) I'll take that. Well I applied, and BAM! I got it.

So tomorrow, I have the Who's Who award brunch to attend. I'm really excited. My parents and brother are coming up to attend as well.

Then later this month I have the Psi Chi Induction Ceremony. Basically, I don't know what to expect, but I'm proud of myself, that's for sure.

So yeah, in one week, I got two new lines for my resume. I'm proud of myself and they are great achievements, but I always think ahead and know that my future employers and Grad School Admissions folk are going to go "Hey.. Wow... That's a lot! Go Her!"

Thanks for reading,
Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Awards.