The Future

Hey everyone,

Phew! This semester kicked in FAST! It's like the first crazy hill in a rollercoaster, and we're flying down it preparing for all the insane loops and dips and all that good stuff. All of my classes are big on reading, so a LOT of my time this semester is going towards that. Not too much written homework though, so I can't complain there.

So yesterday, I went to this conference called "RD2B" put on by NEACUHO or NorthEast Association of College and University Housing Officers. (I know, it's a mouthful) It was in Gorham, Maine at USM. It was for students that are considering being RD's (Resident Directors) in the future. Considering I want to go into Higher Ed Admin or College Student Development, it was right up my alley. I got to meet a lot of people that are Resident Directors or Directors of Residence Life at their Universities and I got a lot of handy information. I learned about interviews, resumes, job conferences and GRAD SCHOOL *insert dreaded music here*.

Going to the conference sent me back into Grad School search mode. I made a list of schools that I'm interested in and I'm interested in checking out. Then I made a list of people I can get recommendations from (a few academic and a few in ResLife, Orientation and Active Minds) I also made a list of dates I can go visit with my Mom and figured out how I could do that.

I also have my Mom slowly but surely accepting the fact that I am looking far away. We talked the other day and I asked her what she was so afraid of. Her biggest fear is that I'll go down south and settle down there. She's afraid I'll make friends and meet someone or that I'll just love it. And I quote "I'm have no desire to relocate this entire family, so I don't really want to have to.... but I will." She's pretty funny, I admit it.

Also, this blog is going pretty national, my friends from other colleges are reading it now. Just wanted to give a shout out to Nicholas! HI!

As always,
Thanks for reading!!!

- Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: The Future.