Winter Break - 3 / Vacation part 2

Hey everyone,

So I've finally got the energy to finish my vacation entry... I hope you have the energy to read it!

So after Sea World was the weekend. We wanted to avoid parks on the weekends because we knew they'd be more crowded. The first day we went to the water park, River Island, in my timeshare. There are two water slides and a lazy river that takes an hour and a half to get around. I also got my whole head braided there. I can't find any pictures of me with my hair braided on my camera, but once I get the pictures from the Disney Photo Pass, I will put them in the entry.

On Sunday we went a different pool and I swam the whole day. I also read a whole book. I did that a lot. I read six books on vacation. I read Multiple Blessings: Surviving and Thriving with Twins & Sextuplets by Kate & Jon Gosselin and Beth Carson, Paper Towns by John Green, Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle, In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. I love reading and it was great to just read poolside and soak up the heat and sun. I highly suggest all of the books I read, but I DEFINITELY suggest Paper Towns (or anything really) by John Green. I'm sure my friend Lindsey will back me up on this one.

Sunday Night we went to Arabian Nights. It is a dinner show with horses and it is really very pretty. This horse was my favorite.
 gingerbread horse @ Arabian Nights

Then on Monday the 5th, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I went on the Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster and Toy Story Mania. They were soooo fun. The lines weren't even too bad. I also saw the Indiana Jones show which I haven't seen since I was 5! I loved it just as much as I did back then. We also stuck around for Fantasmic, a light and water show. I've never seen that, and I loved it. It seems that I don't have any pictures from Hollywood Studios, sorry guys!

The 6th, we went to Magic Kingdom! My grandmother had never been to Disney so it was really funny to see how excited she was. There were like no lines there all day. I went on rides twice and we even rode around on the train a few times. Here are two videos I took of the fireworks that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpo6sb3KruA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPamXHDPcbo

Then the 7th, we went to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park in Downtown Disney. It is basically this HUGE, FIVE-FLOOR arcade full of virtual reality games and old-school arcade games (like Donkey Kong). My mom and I fell in love with this ride/game, Buzz Lightyears Astroblasters. You basically drive around in a car and launch these balls at other cars, if you hit a pink star on their cart, they spin for 10-15 seconds. It's pretty fun and my mom and I got pretty good. Then my mom went on the virtual reality ride/game called Ride the Comix. I got her on video doing it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmbkOCoC7Q

On the 8th, we vegged poolside and played poolside BINGO. I also got a little sunburnt that day. It was cool. Then we played a little in our timeshare's arcade and headed to Old Town. It is this amusement park with all these old shops. I bought a gorgeous dream catcher at one of them. Lindsey and I also had an interesting conversation with these two haunted house workers (these gentlemen were COVERED in fake blood). The first time we walked past them, they tried to get us to go into the house. I said "No we're good." and he goes "I'm sure you are." Uhhh... Creepy? Then we realized that there was a sign above the haunted house that rated them number one attraction in Kissimmee. Well that peaked our interest. So we gathered up some bravery (more me than her... I really don't like haunted houses) and asked them WHO rated them #1? and proceeded to tease them for a little bit. Then we left.

The 9th, was a sad day, we returned home. No exciting layovers or anything. Only COLDDDD weather and snow on the ground. Boo.

PHEWWW... that was a LOT.

Thanks for reading,

Sam

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Winter Break - 3 / Vacation part 2.