Winter Break - 2 / VACATION part 1

Hey everyone!

Phew ! I am wayyyy behind on entries. There was no internet at my timeshare in Florida. They sent us a letter saying we were supposed to have wireless on the first, but it never happened. When I tell you I had the busiest 11-day vacation, EVER, I did! We did something everyday. I know I promised pictures, but they aren't on my computer yet so I will post them later. I'm also only going to cover about the first half of my vacation here because that will keep you amused for hours.

Well we left on the 30th, at 6:30AM, which means we had to be at the airport for 4:30AM, which meant I had to be up at 3:30AM. As most of you know, when vacation starts, you get on this trend where you stay up until 3 or 4 and do nothing... It is inevitable. So of course I couldn't sleep, so I stayed awake until 2:30 then went on a surprise Dunkin run for everyone in my house.

Then we had our first flight which was only about an hour and some change, which was cool. The NOT-COOL part was our 30 minute layover in Newark. We had to get ACROSS the airport in 30 PLANNED minutes. Funny how planes get delayed and taxi FOREVER when you're on a tight deadline. So as the pilot pulls into our little tunnel, the flight attendant says "Passengers, we have 6 people that have 20 minutes to catch their flight to Orlando, so if you could remain seated and let them off the plane it would be greatly appreciated. If you are on a tight time limit, then feel free to leave." Well, the six people were us, and yeah, we now had 20 (!) minutes to get from one FARRR end of the airport to the other FARRR end. WELL EVERYONE ON THE FLIGHT STOOD UP AND STARTED TO GET OFF THE PLANE! Not to mention we were in rows like, 28 and 29 on this flight. So it took us 15 minutes to get off the plane pretty much. I really lost respect for people there. Like, 2 people, on the whole flight were sitting by the time we got off the plane. So THEN, my mother, brother and I started to run to the other end of the airport. My grandmother, dad and friend walked VERY fast behind us. Well about 3/4 of the way, I started to feel winded, and I couldn't get to my inhaler. Finally, I see the last gate (which happened to be ours) and my brother was yelling "THEY WON'T WAIT FOR EVERYONE!" Well, that didn't go over to well, I started to talk to the women who was telling us SHE WOULD NOT HOLD THE PLANE! that we had my GRANDMOTHER with us and then, a little golf cart pulled up with everyone and the woman miraculously let us on the plane. PHEW!

Once we started walking down our little tunnel thing, I realized I couldn't breathe. I was hyperventilating and my inhaler was in my backpack. Needless to say, I scared a few people. But I used my inhaler and we were smooth sailing (or flying... but you get the point).

Then I slept on that plane. Fast forward three hours.

ORLANDO!!!!!

We got our car, drove to the timeshare, checked in, and ARRIVED at our gorgeous 2 bedroom villa. 
our villa

Well, on that 78 degree day, I did the most reasonable thing, and NAPPED! When I awoke, there was a plentiful amount of food (Ma & Pa did some INSANE grocery shopping) so I whipped up some dinner.

The next day involved a lot of sun & pool & NEW YEARS! My timeshare had a huge-family friendly pool party with a DJ and crazy lights and noise makers so we partied like it was 2009 and rang in the new year. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTenmzHbLng

The next day involved some pool & sun.

poolside

Then the 2nd we went to my FAVORITEST place ever, SEAWORLD! I saw lots and lots of animals and shows. I had a blast, but I DID discover that seaworld needs a better layout landwise. In order to get anywhere to anywhere, you had to do a lot of walking and people (and double/triple-wide stroller) passing. It took far too long. But yeah, I feel like the one thing that you blog-readers should know is, I touched a dead fish. Two actually. I decided that I wanted to feed seals and sealions. Funny, because that involves dead, slimy, smelly fish. I have pictures and videos, that I PROMISE I will post soon.

seals & sea lions
walrus?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeMICe9LT84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFbx6m1eEiU

On that note, I will leave you in suspense what I did for the other 7 days in Florida.

Thanks for reading,

Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Winter Break - 2 / VACATION part 1.