First week of Spring '09...

Hey everyone,

So the first week of classes is over! It was a pretty easy week, for the most part.  The first two days were just syllabus collecting, textbook buying and getting into a routine (involving alarm clocks, snooze buttons and a VERY QUICK breakfast on the go).

A word about textbook buying... OUCH. No really, that's the only word I have to say. And it was passed on from my wallet. Do yourself a favor and factor in the price of books when you're working over winter break and spending money excessively on things like fleece slippers you'll never wear or sweatshirts for your (ungrateful) little brother.

Then as a late Christmas Gift, mother nature granted us with a midweek SNOW DAY! Nothing like a refresher day in the middle of the week. Unlike a lot of people I know, I used the time to get ahead on my reading. This semester is going to involve little homework and a LOT of textbook reading. I don't consider that too bad except for my Life Science textbook... I'm not really crazy about cells. Once we get to humans and their digestive systems and muscles and bones etc.. I might be more interested. (Keyword: might) 

Then WEDNESDAY night, around 11pm, the power on ALL of east campus went out. Well let me tell you, there was about a 3 second gap between the time the lights went out until everyone was in the hallway. It was a fun bonding experience to say the least. We all talked and it was like social hour. Once people realized that it may not be on anytime soon, everyone started to filter off to bed. (On a side note, at about 3AM the power went back on, and all was well again.)

Then the rest of the week flew by because it was only two days of light class work. Nothing too crazy. I certainly can NOT complain.

As always, Thanks for reading!

- Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: First week of Spring '09....