Finals are almost over... almost BREAK TIME!

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all dry and warm right now with all the fabulous weather we've been having! 

So this week is finals week. YAY... not! Finals are bittersweet. You get some time off to study and pack and breathe, but you also have to STUDY and take wicked long exams. Finals were scheduled from Tuesday-Saturday then on Monday (the 22nd). I only had a final due the 16th, an exam the 17th and an exam on the 19th. Not bad at all, right? WRONG!

The weather has royally messed up finals week. First being the ICE day on the last day of classes. That day is dedicated to reviewing for the final, and I missed the review for both of my two exams. LAME! THEN the major snow storm had finals cancelled before the storm even got here. The university took precautions and cancelled the 11:30 and 3pm finals so no one was driving in the worst of the storm or stuck in traffic for a million hours. I'm grateful that they did that for student's safety BUT they postponed those exams until Tuesday the 23rd. Normally, I'd be okay with that and I'd just head home straight from my final, but the ResHalls are open until the 23rd at night now, so I have to stay and close the building. AND who knows what is going to happen with the snow storm that we're expecting for Monday. OHH boy.

At least I'm not like some of my friends who had vacations and flights home booked and they're now in a mad rush to change them. Luckily, I live pretty close and I don't leave for my vacation in FLORIDA until December 30th.

That's right, FLORIDA! I'm going to be there from the 30th - January 9th. I'm going with my family and one of my best friends. I'm wicked excited. We're going to Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Sea World. We're also planning on going to Old Town. But I'll write from Florida and give you the scoop on what I'm doing and i'll make sure to post pictures (and maybe videos?!)

But before we get all excited exchanging vacation plans... I just wanted to let UML students know that grades are starting to be posted, so check your ISIS! So far I have 3 A's (Children's Lit, Directed Study and Quantitative Reasoning) and 1 B (Research II). I'm pretty happy with my grades so far. I'm waiting for my Personal and Reflective Writing grade and I don't even take my Spanish final until Tuesday so that grade won't be up for a while.

Well I'm going to study some more for my spanish final because the ResHall is pretty dead right now.

Thanks for reading,

Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Finals are almost over... almost BREAK TIME!.