TWLOHA

Hey everyone,

How are you? To those faithful readers, I apologize for my lack of updates. Life has been insane lately and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.

Well I took Sunday night off from school work to go to an event on campus. To Write Love On Her Arms came to UMass Lowell. For anyone who doesn't know, To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA) is an organization dedicated to giving hope and help to people suffering from addiction, depression, self-injury and suicide. My description definitely doesn't do the organization justice, so you should definitely check out the website http://www.twloha.com.

The organization started about 2 and a half years ago and they already have a huge young adult following. Needless to say, the program was packed! There were about 200 people there. These people were all different kinds of people. There were UML students, high school students, other college students and parents. It was great to see so many people there who cared about the same cause.

So these two musicians, Josh Moore and Zach Williams came with TWLOHA and performed. They told some really beautiful stories and played some really beautiful music. I was touched. Then a few people on the TWLOHA Team told us their stories and I admit, I cried a little.

Then the founder, Jamie, talked for a while and asked the audience some questions and people shared bits and pieces of their stories. I admit, I cried a lot. It was amazing.

I'll post the picture I took as soon as I load it on my computer, but it isn't working right now.

Well, now back to the insanity that is my homework... No really, it's insanity.

Thanks for reading,

Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: TWLOHA.