Finals Week

How are you? I'm good.. or as good as it gets this close to the end of the semester. It's time to take a deep breath! Phew okay... now onto business.

There are only three, thats right THREE days left of classes! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then Thursday is reading day. Reading Day is a day off that the University gives you to start studying for finals. Reading Day is also when we start enforcing 24 hour-quiet hours. At this point, you can hear a pin drop in the dorms. Everyone is so busy studying and writing final papers, there is no room for loudness to throw off your concentration, and the University gets that, thats why we (ResLife) enforce 24 hour quiet hours.

Finals start Friday. They go Friday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are three time blocks. 8am, 11:30am and 3pm. I have a paper due Saturday at 3, a Spanish take-home final due by Thursday at 3, my Community Psych final Wednesday at 11:30 and my Modern World exam is Thursday at 3. I have a pretty easy finals week schedule for the first time ever. Normally I have an 8am almost every day. I must have been blessed by the Finals Karma Fairy.

Finals week is also move-out week. Residents have to move out 24 hours after their last final, or Thursday at 6pm. Whichever comes first. So starting Friday, RA's are on call from 9am-11pm making sure people check out properly. It saves residents from getting charged extra for late fees, not returning their keys and other reasons.

Well I'm getting ahead of myself and I don't want to get stressed out!

Have a great week!

- Sam :)

P.S. I just wanted to say Hi to my friend Guthrie who reads this blog from his internship (for Plastics Engineering) in Vermont. Hi!

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Finals Week.