Library-Friends&Orientation

Hello everyone!

I have a variety of things to write about tonight, so bear with me.

First, I want to talk about a new AMAZING thing that the University offers that I just found out about. It is the Interlibrary Loan & Virtual Catalog. Basically, you can get any book you want through this system. You just pick what book you want, and the library that has the book sends it to UML for you. Then you check out the book and get to keep it for a month. This is excellent because I am a very fast reader and I'll spend $14 on a book and then read it in a night. Now I get the book for free, and have a month to read it as many times as I want. Right now I'm reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The book is excellent and I can't wait to finish this entry and keep reading. I'm trying not to read too fast thought because I'm waiting for the second and third book to arrive at school. I'm so excited. It is definitely my new favorite part about UML.

Next, last night was girls' night. It was so much fun! A bunch of us RA's and OL's (Resident Advisors and Orientation Leaders) got together and made smoothies, ate snacks and watched Mean Girls. It was great to get to hang out in a non-stress environment and just be girls, not RA's or OL's. Joining groups and clubs at the University (there are sooooo many to choose from) are a great way to meet people with the same interests and I'm really glad that I got to know these people. We had so much fun just chatting (and chatting and chatting) away. Having so many friends in such a close distance is great, especially on rainy nights or if you just need someone to talk to.

Next, today was Orientation Spring Training. All of you incoming students are very lucky to have such a great Orientation Staff. Everyone is so excited and the entire staff genuinely cares about making your experience at UML one of the greatest. Go into Orientation with an open mind, and you will get more than you can imagine out of it. I made my first and some of my greatest friends at Freshman Orientation.

Finally, I'm very tired, and enjoying my weekend to the best of my ability. So I'm going to curl up with my book and hope this thunder stops soon.

Have a great weekend/week!

Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Library-Friends&Orientation.