Hall Council & Jam Session

Hey everyone!

Hows your week so far? Mine is great. I'm on top of my workload, and I'm not stressed out. It's great! This is what college is all about.

So when you're a student at UML you'll have a lot of opportunities to become a leader. One great group is Hall Council. Each building has a Hall Council that meets once a week. They discuss ways to make the university better and plan programs for the university. Each building has a representative that goes to RHA. RHA is the Residence Hall Association. They plan campus-wide programs and aim to make the Residence Halls a better place for students.

Our Smith & Eames (or Smeames as we call it) Hall Council has raised money for radios in the bathrooms. They are pretty awesome because everyone makes mixed CD's and leaves them in the bathroom and you get to listen to something different everyday. I've learned a lot more about the people in my hallway that way. For example, I learned that a lot of my residents like country music too. We also all love the One Tree Hill soundtracks.

Our Smeames Hall Council also planned a Campus Wide Jam Session for this week. We're giving people and bands the chance to play and sing in front of their peers, and just have a relaxing night. It is going to be amazing. I can't wait for it.

RHA is also planning a campus-wide event. It is Pedestal Jousting on East Campus. That is going to give the students a chance to get out some competitiveness and enjoy the nice weather we've been having.

Well the weather is fantastic, and students are sitting outside soaking up the warm weather, and I have to say I'm going to join them!!

Enjoy the weather,

Sam :)

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Hall Council & Jam Session.