Networking, a good tool for success!

|

Hi guys, 

I just came back from my trip. Florida was awesome… not only because of the great weather but because I had so much fun and I was totally inspired afterwards. The HENAAC conference focuses on identifying, honoring and documenting the contributions of outstanding Hispanic American in science, engineering, technology and math. They are dedicated to highlight Hispanic Talent in the United States and inspire future generations. This is the third time I attend this conference and every time I come back home very motivated. The HENAAC conference was a great opportunity to meet professionals who have succeeded in the STEM field. I had the opportunity to network with professionals from companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Chevron, Ford, NASA, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, and more. As well, I was able to network with other Engineering students in the United States. I met people from MIT, Penn State, Cal Pomona, and Florida International University. As a scholarship recipient by Booz Allen Hamilton I’m very thankful for the opportunity to attend the HENAAC conference and meet the Hispanic community in the STEM field.

After three days of extensive work, Great Minds in STEM gave away World Disney passes to the HENAAC attendees. This was my first time in Disney World and it was unforgettable. I always wanted to go to Magic Kingdom and meet Mickey Mouse.

I had a fun long weekend and I'm very motivated to keep working very hard because I want to be like all these people I met over the weekend and want to people to hear my story one day!

Have a nice short week… See you next week!

This page contains a single entry by Bustos, Paula A published on October 11, 2010 7:53 PM.

Going to Disney World! was the previous entry in this blog.

"College is the best time of your life" is the next entry in this blog.