Back to UML

Hi guys,

So here we are, today was the first day of classes and it was a good day after all. I had two classes, one of them is going to be very interesting and the second one got canceled. I didn't post my entry earlier because I wanted to share my first day of classes and what I have done since move-in day. As I said before I wanted to go to as many activities the school had organized for Opening Week. I enjoyed the outdoor movie, went to BBQs, got free goodies and had a good time with friends. I've seen many new faces around campus, I can't recognize many of them but I've felt a really good energy in school.

I like the fact that everyone is enjoying their first days in school and the wonderful weather we have had lately. I've seen a lot of people chilling in front of the residence halls and getting to know each other...

There are still many activities going on campus and I recommend you guys to try to go to them... They've been really fun!!!!

See you next week!

sriveni kasu said:

hi Paula Bustos,

I completed my undergraduate in india and i applied for UML-MS(EE) and fortunately i even got admit by this university.

my profile
10th-87%
12th-90%
UG-78%
TOEFL-62

every one are saying that i need to take english subject as i got less in toefl, is that true and if i take that sunject do i need to pay separate fee? can you please help me out. Do you suggest me to take my TOEFL again or else can you tell me other alternates?

have a nice time, hoping to see your reply very soon.

Thank you.

Hey Sriveni,

Thank you for your comment. I don't know much about it so I went and talked to Ruth Dubec, the ECE Department secretary. She said that if your TOEFL score is too low you are most likely to be asked to take ESL and it would be an extra fee. You can take the exam again if you feel you'd get a better score. She also said you can contact Prof. Rao who is the one on charged of accepting students into the Grad program. This is his email: Tenneti_Rao@uml.edu
Please let me know if this helps. If not, just send me another email.

Have a nice weekend!!!

Paula

This page contains a single entry by Bustos, Paula A published on September 1, 2010 9:48 PM.

Highest-paying jobs for recent college grads was the previous entry in this blog.

Long weekend, short week ahead is the next entry in this blog.