Vermont pt. 2

I wrote in my last blog entry how I was going to Vermont on Halloween weekend. The St.Michael's campus is absolutely beautiful. The leaves were colorful and the squirrels were actually friendly. (I know, that's pretty weird)

After spending Halloween in Vermont, I made it my goal to go back as much as possible. I actually went back this past weekend. I drove 3 and a half hours on Friday, and stayed until Sunday morning.

Once again, this place was incredible. They had an event out in the middle of an open field where they build a small tower, and made a ski ramp with man-made snow. They gave out free hot chocolate, hamburgers, and other goods for those who showed up.

Another interesting free-food moment happened later around 12 AM. As I was walking through the campus, there were two grills set up with a few people grilling some chicken. After asking a few questions, I learned that the people who were grilling were actually RAs! They grilled on both Friday AND Saturday night. (Once again, completely free to anyone who showed up)

On Sunday morning, I had a very long 200 mile drive back. I kept thinking about how awesome it would be if UMass Lowell had events like this during the cooler months. I thought of so many awesome scenarios, that I actually sent a few e-mails around.

Hopefully I can get something going to keep people busy on campus!

- Matt

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Vermont pt. 2.