Baystate 5k Race

This weekend, the Baystate Marathon, half marathon, and 5k race took place here in Lowell. The 5k road race was in honor of Diane Geehan, and my late coach, Phil Riley.

It took place on Saturday, and it was absolutely beautiful. After 5 months of laziness, I figured the weather was the best possible weather for my out-of-shape body. Not too hot, and not too cold. It was sunny, around 60 degrees, with a nice breeze.

5 months ago, I ran the same course, but a different race. The course starts next to Lowell High School, goes behind the east campus residence halls, across the bridge to north campus, down the VFW highway, back across a bridge, and it ends on a tree-shaded path that follows the Merrimack river.

In the summer, this course was tough. The heat was making me sweat quickly, and I fatigued faster than usual.

But Saturday, things were the opposite. The sun was out, but the heat wasn't a factor. The run was extremely nice, and the breeze was at my back.

It was such a special race, and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Baystate 5k Race.