Winning?

An hour ago, I read a headline on my Firefox browser about Charlie Sheen's first show on his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option" tour. Before telling you what I read, let me ask something.  How would you expect to be treated on stage after disrespecting your co-workers, bosses, and agents?

If you answered "I would get booed" then you're correct. Charlie Sheen's first show was a total Win. According to the article, people began to boo and leave the show halfway through his act. Instead of being the rude, funny man we've all seen in his videos and interviews, he was actually... normal? Apparently he forgot that his show was to be entertaining. (Makes you wonder how successful he would have been if he accepted Howard Stern's offer of starting a radio show. Those are meant for talking.)

In my opinion, Charlie Sheen is only funny when the writers of Two and a half men are writing his jokes. I guarantee his career is over quickly. (Yeah, he's back with Two and a half men, but how long will that last?)

What's the lesson here? Not even the wealthiest of people are "the best". If you have a bad attitude, no one will respect you. Be good to people, and you wont get booed off a tour where tickets are up to $100.00 a seat.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Winning?.