Business Housing

About a month ago, I was getting my midterm grades from all of my professors so I could send them to Amherst. The very last grade I needed was for my First Year Management Seminar class. Professor Finch signed it with my grade, and then told me about something that made me re-think my decision about transferring.

She told me about Business LLC Apartments which are currently being renovated. These apartments are mainly for Juniors and Seniors, but a few sophomores are accepted. As I thought about my experiences at UMass Lowell, I realized most of my bad experiences have been in the dorms. I applied for the housing, because if I was accepted, I would be living with mature business majors.

A few weeks later, I called the Office Of Residence Life and spoke with Matthew Austin. (He's a very helpful guy. If you have any questions with housing, I suggest speaking with him. Very nice, and very helpful.) He told me that I was accepted into the business housing, and that my current roommate would be my roommate in the apartments.

Here are a few reasons why I'm excited:

1.  Well... They're APARTMENTS. They have kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, etc.
  2. They're very close to east campus.
  3.  They have a private parking lot
  4. You can ALSO park on East campus if you need to
  5. NEWLY renovated
  6. Close to downtown Lowell

In addition to living in these apartments next year, Professor Finch also got me involved in a new project with the College of Management. (I can't thank her enough for her help!)

I'll keep that as a surprise for now.

-  Matt

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Business Housing.