Around UML; Spring Break

Let's start off by saying there isn't too much going on right now. Last Friday at 6PM, UML kicked a majority of its students out of the residence halls for spring break. To be safe, I brought EVERYTHING that had some sort of value. (Computer, xbox etc. I suggest everyone do the same in the future.)

Hey commuters! UMass has "found" extra parking. It's "conveniently" located 2.5 miles past the boat house... 2.5 miles? Isn't that a little far for parking? Some people would be better off riding their bikes or maybe even horse riding to school. Here's the sign that was put outside ofe Eames Hall. I think it's funny how someone put "conveniently" over the 2.5 miles.

0310011448.jpg

As for my break, it has been pretty relaxing up until this point. I'm falling behind on a few minor chores that I planned on doing. For example, I wanted to drive up to UMass Amherst to take a look at the campus. Due to the lack of funds, I wouldn't be able to pay for a tank of gas when it was at $2.70 a gallon, but $3.50?! Not gonna happen.

With the little money I had, I bought Rise Against's new album "Endgame". I'm not a huge fan of it at all. This band has been known for writing songs about their views on controversial topics. They did that with this album, but all of the songs sound the same. Here's a song about the "September Suicides". The point of the song is to raise awareness of the Homosexual community, and the type of horrors some of these people go through. Even though I don't think the album is that good, I still respect this band.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Around UML; Spring Break.