First Week, Second Semester. George Carlin.

Lucky me. I was able to move in last Thursday, three days before everybody else! This was a huge advantage, mainly because I avoided most of the traffic on Pawtucket street. (Trust me on this one: there was ALOT of traffic on Pawtucket street...)

So Thursday night, I checked out of my old room, and moved my stuff to my new room. I didn't bother to organize anything, mainly because I knew I'd need something to do to keep myself busy when I decided to stay over Saturday night into Sunday. So Saturday night, I drove up with my friend and girlfriend, and brought more stuff. I threw everything into my room again, and I was literally organizing everything for a good 3 hours.

And then I sat down at my chair and opened up a book called Napalm and Silly Putty. It's a book written by George Carlin. If you don't know who he is, he is an incredible comedian. He passed away back in 2008, and I've missed his humor ever since. I decided to buy all of his books on Amazon.com just for the hell of it. This is the only book that has ever made me laugh out loud. ( "lol" for those of you who are computer people) I strongly suggest reading his books.

So as for my classes, they're pretty awesome so far. I've never been as happy to start classes as I am right now. I'll write more about them in the coming weeks. You can be sure of that.

I hope everyone is enjoying their time back. Have fun, learn a lot, and please be careful when crossing the streets on campus. There are too many crazy drivers around here.

"Standing ovations have become far too commonplace. What we need are ovations where the audience members all punch and kick one another." - George Carlin

napalmandsillyputty.jpg

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: First Week, Second Semester. George Carlin..