One man can change your life

As I've said before, college is a very different experience for people. Aside from the new setting and new classes, I've had a new experience. It was inside of a book.

One of the classes I take is called Values and Creative Thinking. In this class, my professor wanted us to read a book called "Tuesdays with Morrie." I have to admit... Reading a book for me is like watching an NFL player play with barbies. It's possible, but it's rare.

But I gave it a shot. Chapter after chapter, my emotions changed, some for the better, and some for the worst. Morrie is dying from ALS, and before he passes, he makes it his mission to teach an old student about life.

Why am I telling you all about this? It has nothing to do with Umass Lowell!

-  Well, this book can help all of you. It will give you a new thought on life, how you're living it, and what you will need to do to become a happier person.  Here is part. 1 of an interview done with Morrie.

While I'm on the topic of living life to the fullest, I have another video that  can change your life. This was a  graduation speech from back in 1999.

I feel that students here at Umass Lowell can benefit greatly from these videos.

Stepping away from the "deep" stuff now.

Last week, I wrote about the fire in Leitch hall. According to the Lowell Sun, the fire was started by a lamp. (the temperature of the bulb can reach up to 1,200 degrees!) Everyone was evacuated safely, and there were no injuries. Everyone was allowed to return to their room, except for the two students whose room was on fire.

Well... That's all I have for now. Next week will be a bit more interesting. I PROMISE!

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: One man can change your life.