Shake my hand, I'm new here.

My name is Matthew Lawson, but you can call me Matt, or Matty.I will be blogging with you for the next few months. (And hopefully longer after that!) Before I get too into my hobby, I'd like to tell you a little about myself.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, and I often make bacon over an open flame in the morning.

No but really. I'm an 18 year old freshman at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. I came from Stoneham High School. (Stoneham is a small town, about 10 minutes outside of Boston) To be totally honest, I've never had a better schooling experience than I'm having now. During this past summer, my dad told me something that I couldn't agree with more. " College is a lot different then high school. The kids who are in your college classes are there for the same reason that you are, unlike in high school, where kids are forced to go. People in college will be respectful, and interesting." (Okay. He may not have said that word for word, but it was something along those lines. Right now, my dad is probably reading this, and he is probably giggling to himself. "HE ACTUALLY DOES LISTEN TO ME!") But back to my point. This school is awesome. Everyone is really nice, and it's been an easy move from home to a college campus.

But back to me. I guess you can say I'm a bit... crazy. I enjoy life more than the average person, and I think that's a huge part of being happy. I'm always up for a walk or run through the woods, a game of wiffleball, or even a game of football. Anything that can get me outside and into the fresh air.

I love the Yankees. jk LOL. I'm a Red Sox fan, a Patriots fan, and a Celtics fan. That being said, I'm not the type to mess with any Yankee fans. My roommate loves the Yankees, and we get along really well.

If you've read this far, then I feel like you're going to like my blogs. To give you a heads up, I plan on being very informal. Have you ever heard the saying " You are who you are when no one's looking"? Well this is sort of one of those situations. I'm sitting here behind my computer, typing my actual thoughts. This is who I am. I am a silly, yet mature teenage guy with many random thoughts, many opinions, and many experiences.

Get to know me more!

- matt 

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Shake my hand, I'm new here..

Blake said:

Hey cuz! Great idea, keep up on the updating and I will be a regular reader!

Lisa said:

I look forward to reading your blog.

Irene said:

Well said. Looking forward to future blogs