It's the "Finals" Countdown

|

ďOne down, four to go!...One final and three papers until freedom!...Just got to get through the next 24 hours and Iím free!...yada yada yadaĒ

Yeah, itís remarks like this that clutter my newsfeed during the month of December. December is certainly the month of countdowns. The countdown to the end of the semester, the countdown to my BIRTHDAY, the countdown to Chrismahanukwanzakah and the countdown to the New Year.

Back to finals though. Without a doubt, this is one of the most stressful times of the semester. If there was any time to be ďunder pressureĒ (shameless plug) this is the week. This is the week people decide to go to the library for once. This is the week where coffee and energy drink sales skyrocket. This is the week you find freshman in panic because they spent the last five weeks playing Modern Warfare 3, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim, and didnít go to class so now they have to try and learn a semesters worth of material in a few days (good luck). This is the week where (some) seniors ďjust donít care anymore because after this last final I am done with finals FOREVER!Ē (not this guy). Itís definitely an emotional week.

My routine consists of the following. Iím going to collect all my materials, head to north with 23 ounces of Arnold Palmer and find the deepest, darkest, loneliest, corner of the library. Iím going to sit down, put my big noise canceling headphones on and sit there until midnight. Iím going to go over everything I have learned this semester and I swear if you disturb me with meaningless *bird noise*, it will be the last time you disturb anyone. When the clock strikes midnight on this Cinderella story, Iím going to close my books, pack up my belongings, make haste back to my room and retire. Simply put, if you donít know it by midnight (assuming you started at a half decent hour, not 11:00PM), youíre not going to know it ever.

Nice try, better luck next year.

Good luck to everyone one on their finals! Donít ďmail it inĒ this week, give it the old college try! End the semester on a high note!

This page contains a single entry by Peraner, Jared L published on December 15, 2011 9:41 PM.

Under Pressure was the previous entry in this blog.

All Down Hill From Here is the next entry in this blog.