If You Canít Read This You're Illiterate

|

Before I get into todayís blog, I want to apologize to all the readers out there, I know youíve all been waiting patiently for my next post, checking this page on a weekly, daily, maybe even hourly basis in anticipation of my next post. I wonít lie to you all, Iím a struggling writer/engineer now and even the best hitters in the game have slumps. But America loves a comeback story, so consider this the second coming of my blog. But before I rock this blog ďI want to dedicate it to my father, he was a roofer so Dad if youíre up thereÖĒ

They say laughter is the best medicine and I know when Iím looking for a good laugh watching Seinfeld, Cheers, The King of Queens, How I Met Your Mother or Arrested Development always hit the spot (or should I say funny bone). Butt of all jokes (see what I did there!?) One liners are my favorite, Rodney Dangerfield, Stewart Francis and Jay London are by far my favorites. Here are some samples:

• I met this girl, she told me to come over thereís nobody home, I went over and there was nobody home.
  • I bought a book about hair loss, but the pages kept falling out.
  • I quit my job at the helium factory, I refuse to be spoken to in that tone.
  • I went out with a girl who does the weather, we talked up a storm.
  • If I agreed with you weíd both be wrong.
  • My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-* bird noise.
  • Did you know it was a year ago today?
  • Iím not an actor, but I play one on TV.
  • The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • I used to be indecisive. Now Iím not sure.
  • I told my old man I wanted to go to the Zoo, he said if they want you theyíll come and get you.
  • He died two years later. He was crushed by a piano. His funeral was very low key. B flat, but I canít leave you on that note.
  • People laughed when I said Iíd become a comedian. Well, theyíre not laughing now!

Hopefully a few of those made you laugh. Thatís it for this week, but donít fret, I'll be back next week with yet another blog.

You don't need a parachute to sky dive once, but you do need a parachute to sky dive twice

This page contains a single entry by Peraner, Jared L published on November 21, 2011 2:28 PM.

Halloweekend was the previous entry in this blog.

Under Pressure is the next entry in this blog.