The Boys Are Back In Town

|

Guess who’s back, back again, Jared’s back, tell a friend.

Guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who’s back, guess who's back...

You didn’t think I’d go quietly into the night? You didn’t think I would vanish without a fight?  I’m going to live on! I’m going to survive! Today we celebrate my comeback!

Not even a mere week after declaring free agency UML offered me a new contract for the 2011-2012 academic season. I knew they wouldn’t let me go to another team, I got my big break here at UML and I’m going to finish my career here and retire as a Riverhawk! This shouldn’t come as a shock to any of you though. I mean, what does any notable author do when they write a piece that is #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list for 9 straight weeks, they write another one!

Cue The Jefferson’s theme song.

I made it back from Burlington, VT in one piece, and within two shakes of a lamb’s tail I was moving into Lowell. I would have to say it was probably the easiest move of my college career; I didn’t unpack a single thing, just left everything in my car and drove over to Lowell the morning after I moved home.

A few days of R&R (interpret that however you like) and back to school we go!

“Hi and welcome to _______. My name is professor_______. Please take a few minutes to read over the syllabus and feel free to ask any questions…Any questions?...Alright, well have a good day.”

(Bird noise) love syllabus week.

3 days of wearing only white and back to school we go…for real this time though. With everyone’s pockets feeling a little lighter after shelling out the big bucks for college text books and school supplies people tend to take on a more serious persona this week (or don’t they? Refer to my blog Making Moves for more on what I mean by this).

And let us not forget that I am a senior! Let the good times roll!

Tune in next week and every week (until they tell me to stop) for more!

This page contains a single entry by Peraner, Jared L published on September 8, 2011 2:30 PM.

Epi-blog was the previous entry in this blog.

Our Maiden Voyage is the next entry in this blog.