Fall-Out

|

Foliage, the true sign of New England’s favorite season, Fall! People from all over the country visit New England during this time of year just to see the foliage. It’s definitely an enjoyable time of the year for all. But today’s topic may not be so enjoyable for all.

You might not be old enough to remember, but from 2007 to 2008 the Writers Guild of America went on strike. Your parent’s will most likely refer to it as simply, “The writers’ strike.”  Over 12,000 writers went on strike lasting from November 2007 till February 2008. The goal of the strike was to rectify the monetary compensation the writers earned in comparison to the profits of the larger studios. To put it bluntly, it all comes down to money and the writers wanted more of it. I have to agree with them though because no matter how good the actors and actresses are in the show, if the show is boring, people won’t watch it. It’s the writers that are the heart and soul of the show, giving it its purpose. However the lack of new shows that year was extremely frustrating for me, the viewer.

The point of my story is, I almost had to have my own little writers strike. I wasn’t looking for more compensation from the University, I was just looking for…compensation period. Imagine if I decided to go on a 14 week strike. What would you, the readers, do without me!? Sure there are other blogs out there, but none like this. What else can you read week after week that leaves you both satisfied, but still wanting more?

Crisis Averted! 

"Show me the money!"

The University and I are on good terms, I received my compensation and there will be no strike. So you can all let out a sigh of relief.

The pen is mightier!

This page contains a single entry by Peraner, Jared L published on September 25, 2011 3:08 PM.

Our Maiden Voyage was the previous entry in this blog.

The Calm Before the Storm is the next entry in this blog.