I Can't Cook, But I'll Try!

In efforts to reduce the price per person on our Mississippi trip, we've held numerous fundraisers of all different sorts. This Saturday we are holding a Southern type dinner with all different traditional southern-style dishes, raffles, and all types of fun. Last night I had a meeting with some of the trip group that was specified in making Jambalaya, where we prepped everything and had a little demonstration on the cooking process. It didn't look too difficult, but then again the person cooking had been making this dish for a long time, so she made it seem like it was nothing! I was looking on in epic confusion, as I told the group, "Well… I haven't really been cooking much at all, I'm a pro at hard boiled eggs… but that's about it…" They all laughed and poked fun at the newbie, but they told me I should be alright. After the dish was prepared, we tested it out, and it was delicious! If you've never had Jambalaya before, I highly recommend trying it. The dish is a mix of chicken, sausage, and rice soaked in juicy and spicy seasoned sauce. I'm going to be preparing the dish Friday (tomorrow) night and I will try to record my endeavors to share with you all! I'll also post up the recipe for you guys in case you want to try your hand at preparing it! Hopefully I don't mess up!
-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: I Can't Cook, But I'll Try!.

I enjoyed browsing through and i think this blog has alot really usefull stuff on it!