Sweet Suite

This weekend was a great weekend for me! So far everything has been going better than usual! Friday-Sunday, my friends and I stayed over at our friends' room over at UMass Amherst, which is the second time we visited Amherst. It was weird seeing how the two UMass' were so different, yet had very similar aspects. The dining hall was HUGE, much bigger than any at Lowell, but they pretty much had the same exact food and even silverware/plates! Being unfamiliar with their campus/dorms, the buildings were set up in a very confusing manner, and finding my friends' room was sometimes quite the task. One thing that was unfortunate was the bathrooms. I remember last year when I was living in Bouge as a freshman, I would always have to walk down the hall to get to the bathroom. My friends' room was set up the same way, and everytime I had to use the bathroom, it was quite the walk, then I would have to find my way back as well. The great thing this year is having a suite with bathrooms built in!

Speaking of my suite, I took a short video tour around the room to show you guys a little bit of how things were set up.

At the end of the weekend, my friends and I recapped the events and occurrences and our opinions were split down the middle. Two of my friends were thinking they definitely wanted to transfer and loved the campus, while me and another friend, although we enjoyed our stay and the campus, decided that we liked the smaller and cozier UMass Lowell better.

This year for intramurals, we decided to make a flag football team, and so far we're doing very well. We've had two games so far, Monday night being our second game. Our record is 2-0 and we're hoping to keep up the winning streak! Last night we beat the opposing team 24-0, a complete shut out! Our next game is this Wednesday, hopefully we'll come out with another win!

Thanks for reading, till next time,
-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Sweet Suite.