Let It Snow!!!

Yesterday (Monday), I was happy to wake up and find that I had received a text message on my phone from “MassHigherEd”. Whenever I get an email in my inbox or text message on my phone with that person as the sender, I already know that there is either a delay or cancellation in school. Who doesn’t love a three day weekend? I had class that day at 9:30AM, so being able to sleep in longer after I woke up was extremely nice.

This weekend my friends and I left Friday to go snowboarding at Wachusett Moutnain, but unfortunately it started raining that night. We had tickets to go for an “overnight” skiing, where you can ski from 12AM till 7AM, which would have been fun, if it didn’t rain. We were already all packed and had our snowboards and gear at my friends house, which was an hour away from campus, but since the weather was bad, we decided instead to go visit Umass Amherst. We all have friends that attend that University, so we were going to sleep over at the Amherst campus. It was a nice experience seeing a different Umass campus, but there are a lot of differences. Amherst had A LOT of people, which is nice, but I like the smaller environment here at UML. The dining hall seemed to have the same exact food and even silverware, but again, was a lot more crowded. Overall we had a fun weekend, visiting old friends and a new campus, but I’m still dissapointed that we didn’t get a chance to go snowboarding. My friend’s car is still packed with our gear, so hopefully we can go this weekend!

If you haven’t had the chance, there’s also a new and more modern looking HawkTalk homepage for current and prospective students. It’s undergone a major overhaul from the last design and looks a lot better, with the latest blog entries and youtube videos created by students.
Heres the link:
http://www.uml.edu/admissions/hawktalk/

That’s all for now though, till next time,

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Let It Snow!!!.