A Visit to Health Services Before Break

Every year, it always seems that I catch Bronchitis for some reason. Before college, I always had to go to the doctorís around this time of year and get prescribed with antibiotics to alleviate my bronchitis. As scheduled, I began to show the symptoms again, and right away I knew what it was. But since I was at school, I had no idea what to do, I knew there was a Health Services, but I wasnít sure if they would be able to prescribe medicine. My parents offered to drive me home for a doctorís appointment, but missing classes and driving such a long way for medicine just didnít seem like a better option than toughing out the virus. With Health Services looking like the best option, I called them up for an appointment and was extremely pleased to find out that the nurse practitioners there were able to prescribe. The very next day, I went in for my appointment and left with my prescription. Luckily, there were many pharmacies around campus, so getting my proper medicine was a breeze.

Fortunately for me, I felt 100% right before spring break started. I always heard of people going to all different places to spend their spring break, but I decided that it would be best to just stay home so I could work. When I was in high school and short on money, I could always depend on my parents to spot me here and there, but in college theyíre not around to help out. It definitely helps me to become more independent and learn the value of whatís necessary and unnecessary.

Thatís it for now, hopefully I can still enjoy my spring break!

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: A Visit to Health Services Before Break.