First day back!

One good tip for move-in day: come early. Before break, signs were posted around the halls that the university would be open at noon Sunday January 25th, but like my first move in day, I came a couple hours earlier. When I moved in, at 10, I was one of only 4 cars on the street, no congested hallways, and was able go through the whole process rather easily. When I arrived to the room, everything was as we left it. Everyone thought that the school would have someone come in over break and do a little cleaning up of the floors, but no such thing happened. The hallways looked very clean, but the rooms were not cleaned at all, at least not mine or any of my friends' rooms. I unpacked all my things, said my goodbyes, and was able to organize my side of the room before anyone else arrived. Later on, around 12:30-1:00, I helped a couple of my friends move in, and it was just hectic. There were cars double parked all down Pawtucket St., and you couldn't help bumping into people left and right. After I helped all of my friends move in, I went back to my room to rest and while I was lying down, my other three roommates were scrambling around the room, putting clothes away, and rearranging furniture. I was definitely glad that I had come so early, otherwise I would have had to deal with the chaos that was going on in my room.

The bad thing about move-in day was that the bookstore was closed. It didn't make sense to me why they would close the bookstore the day everyone moved in and the day before classes. Most of my friends, me included, were going to have our parents assist us with purchasing books, and with them already present for moving in, it was the most convenient time. With parents already here and classes beginning the very next day, it was the perfect day to keep the bookstore closed.

It was nice to be back though. My friends and I hung around and were glad to be back. We watched T.V. and did everything we used to do, and everything was the same again. Every once in a while, one of us would say, I miss doing this., and we would all agree.

I have to start getting ready for my first class though, till next time,

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: First day back!.