LATE night entry!

I know itís very late, and I should be sleeping, but I was up late, studying for a couple midyears that I have tomorrow. I hope Iím not scaring any prospective students because most of my friends donít even think that my math and politics midyear will be very difficult, but just to be on the safe side, I usually try to throw in some extra studying in.  Since I was up late and had things to write about, I decided that I would blog about things that happened recently.

This past Wednesday (October 22nd), there was a Hip Hop Live concert, with stars such as David Banner and, one of my favorite rappers, Talib Kweli.  Tickets were 10 dollars if you bought them before the concert and 20 at the door, which is cheap considering David Banner and Talib Kweli are very well known and famous rappers. Since money is scarce in college and I didnít buy tickets beforehand, I ended up not going to the concert. A couple of my friends that did go said it was amazing and everyone at the concert got free Sony headphones.  Iím kind of jealous that I didnít go, but anything that saves money is O.K. with me.

On Thursday (October 23rd) there was a captainís meeting for all intramural sports from 9PM-11PM. In efforts of staying in shape, getting ourselves involved around campus, and just for fun, my friends and I decided to create an intramural soccer team. Last time I played soccer competitively was in middle school, but Iím pretty confident I still have some skills left. The team consists of 7 players, including myself; 3 guys and 4 girls, and our name is ďThe IncrediblesĒ. Weíve all had previous experience playing, so Iím sure weíll do at least an O.K. job on the field. Our first game is this Thursday at 9:30PM, which is late, but Iím more of a night person myself anyways.

Friday (October 24th) was the first hockey game, which is a big deal around campus and to most students. Before the game there was a BBQ, and any food freeing me from my 14 meals a week is welcome.

My friends and I all had all gotten Mohawks for the game a couple weeks earlier, but we decided to shave them off after a while because we didnít like them. Before the game started, we all painted our entire upper body to be true super fans, and were extremely excited to be the loud and boisterous cheerers. Much to our displeasure though, we soon came to find out that shirts were required in the Tsongas Arena. We had our shirts off for 2 seconds before we were told by a worker that they prohibited such activities, but we were given a voucher for free popcorn and soda for our efforts. Putting that aside, the game was fun to watch, almost all of UML was there to watch, including alumni and parents, and to make it even better, UML  defeated Providence  4 to 1.

This weekend was open house weekend and Iíve seen flyers around campus about the different activities. My parents arenít coming up this weekend, but there were some events that I was interested in, so I decided to drag my friends along with me to check it out. A couple of my friendsí parents came, but just going with my friends and without my parents was fun too. It turned out to be entertaining, there were many activities for both young and old. There was free food, horseback riding, a rock wall, free pumpkin decorating, professional artists that did caricatures, and plenty more. CAPA was handing out free live fish in tanks that you decorated yourself, and I ended up getting two fish that I named Tonka and Katie. I was told by an R.A. from Leitch that they had fish as well last year, and her fish lived until May.

This past week was a pretty eventful one, packed with activities. Iím looking forward to my first intramural soccer game this Thursday, and will definitely write about how that turned out. But now, I must head off and get some rest before my midyears.

Till next time,

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: LATE night entry!.

jemiro said:

WOW hahah :D LOL