Time Management

Haven't updated in a bit, been busy and had some problems logging in, but everything's fixed, so expect more regular and frequent updates!

I've only been in college for a couple weeks now, but I feel like I've been here forever! That isn't necessarily a bad thing though, I mean it in a good way. I feel slightly more acclimated and comfortable with college life than I did a couple weeks ago, and so far I've loved every minute of it.

I was excited to come to college and for all of the experiences I would be facing, but I also had lurking fears in the back of my head about college life. One fear I had was being home sick and missing everything and everyone back home. I think one of the best things about college is that all your friends live within walking distance to you, so hanging out everyday happens all the time. You never do anything alone; friends always accompany you to the gym, to every meal, to do homework with, and just chill with. Since I've made so many great friends here that I can hang out with everyday, I have yet to find myself home sick at all. Of course a quick check-up phone call back home every once in a while never hurt, but I have yet to have the feeling of needing to be back home. With today's advancements in technology and communications, I find keeping up with old friends a breeze and they're all very easily accessible.

One thing that is very different in college that I really never had was absolute freedom of my choices and actions. My friends and I had a paper to write last night, but instead we stayed up till 1 in the morning playing Halo. Needless to say, we had fun, but of course we had to write that paper, so I left my room and went to my friend's to do my paper. A good thing around here, that I never had in my home town, are how late some food restaurants are open. We were able to order chicken parm subs, with delivery service, at 2 in the morning. After which, we began working on our papers and I didn't get back into my room until 4 in the morning. Time management, is under rated. Luckily my first class was canceled today and I ended up only having one class at 1, but I could feel the consequences of my actions in how tired I was all day today.

But, all in all, I really am enjoying all my classes and experiences so far, and have no complaints. Everyone around here is very friendly and it's been a great time for me so far. I'll be sure to update very soon!

Till next time,

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Time Management.