Late Night Update!

Hey again guys! Sorry about the delay, the wireless internet here was giving me trouble for a while, and connecting was extremely difficult. But everythingís all worked out now!

Itís been around 2 and a half weeks since Iíve moved in, and Iím having so much fun at college. It really seems like itíll be the best 4+ years of my life! Everyone is extremely cordial around here, and it seems like all the freshmen just want to make friends.  The first couple days, and even now, if thereís an open door, me and my friends will stick our heads in and introduce ourselves. Sounds semi-creepy, but it really is a good way to make friends.

Classes have been extremely easy; I thought I was going to have difficulty in college since itís a higher level learning compared to high school, but it really isnít that much different. The classes are actually a lot more lenient, and if you keep up with all the work, the load really doesnít seem overwhelming at all.

I go to the Recreation Center everyday with my friends to workout at the gym, and the staff and facilities are very nice. I used to be a hard-core running freak, so the indoor track was a pleasant sight. Whatís especially cool about the track is that itís a suspended track that is above the indoor basketball courts, so youíre running on the second floor and in the middle you can see the basketball courts. The gym is nice, the equipment is clean, and thereís a good selection of things that you can use. I have yet to use any of the bikes or treadmills, but they all have mini TVís attached to each unit. They provide you with towels, and at each lifting station there are spray bottles and paper towels, making the facility a very clean place.

Businessí around here are very college-student friendly, a place right down the street from my residence hall called the Hawkís Den, always provides discounts and even gives away free things once in a while. The local baseball team, The Lowell Spinnerís, had their playoff game in the baseball arena right next to my residence hall, and the stadium let all college students in for free.  Downtown Lowell isnít very far away either, only an eight minute walk.  I was able to get my hair cut and find nice places to eat in downtown Lowell.

Transportation really isnít a problem around here. All but one of my classes are located on North Campus, which is a 3 minute walk from my campus, East Campus. I do have one class on South Campus, which is a distance away from East Campus, but there are busses that run frequently. I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus heading towards South Campus.

A nice thing also is Iíve gotten at least a dozen people who already know me through this blog! Theyíll all be eyeing me for a bit and then will come up and say something like, ďOh, you blog for UML right?Ē Itís nice that people already know who I am before I even introduce myself. Shout out to everyone who reads, and donít be shy, introduce yourself to me!

Itís getting kind of late, so I best be off to get ready for tomorrowís classes! But I certainly will be updating more frequently!

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Late Night Update!.