Housing

Hey there again!

The UML class of 2012 is the biggest incoming class that the university has seen since University of Lowell merged with Umass. Because of this, many of the incoming students have found themselves waitlisted and without housing for the upcoming year. This may have looked bad at first for people who lived far away and had no idea where they were going to live during the school year, but apparently UML is fixing this problem and it even seems that the people who arenít in regular dorm buildings may have a better living space. From what Iíve heard UML struck a deal with a local nearby hotel called the Double Tree Hotel. Some features of these rooms are private bathrooms, outdoor pools and heated indoor pools within the hotel, plentiful parking, working AC, free wireless internet and free cable; all for the same price as what I would pay for my regular dorm. I donít know how much of that is true, but all this information I got from a discussion topic in the Facebook group for the UML  class of 2012. Of course me sending in my housing contract early gave me a room in one of the freshman buildings, but I think I might rather have gotten the hotel room instead.

But I guess Iíll just have to look past all the extras and be happy that I actually have housing for the upcoming year. It's also nice to see that UML tried their hardest to find students housing and struck a good deal with the hotel.

You can find the discussion on this topic on Facebook here.

Till next time,

-Hai

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Housing.