Work lined up for the Spring…

I have spent a good amount of time this semester searching for a job for when I graduate in December. This past week I received a job offer at NxStage Medical, in Lawrence MA. The offer is for a six month co-op position, in research and development. Hopefully it will give me a chance to prove myself as a valuable candidate, and I could be promoted into a full time engineering position.

NxStage is a company that manufactures dialysis machines, which are used for people who have kidney failure. They make both clinical and home use dialysis machines. NxStage’s R&D facility is located in Lawrence, only 10 miles away from my apartment. Luckily I will not have to drive 60 miles to work anymore. Currently it takes me about an hour and twenty minutes each way, at my new job it should only take me twenty minutes. Best of all, this position will allow me to get into the R&D half of medical devices, as opposed to manufacturing.

I was once told that an internship or a co-op is a long term interview. I believe this is the best approach to any internship or co-op you may be hired for through college. In today’s tough economy, it is extremely important to get your foot in the door. I am going to work very hard to make a name for myself at NxStage. This way, if anything opens up 4 or 5 months down the line, I would be an easy choice for the position.

I have not gotten all the details about the position yet, but I will be sure to fill you in soon. Thanks for reading!

Elaine said:

Congratulations, Guthrie! You've clearly been working hard and doing all the right things to get this co-op. Good luck!

Guthrie said:

Thanks Elaine,

It has been a lot of work and I am glad to be done with job searching for a while.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on December 8, 2009 7:26 AM.

Crunch Time... was the previous entry in this blog.

“Back when I was a freshman…” (In an old man’s voice) is the next entry in this blog.