End of Fall, Beginning of Winter…

|

My favorite holiday of the year is this Thursday. I love getting together with family and stuffing my face like I’ve never eaten before. This Thursday also marks the beginning of Christmas season, which is essentially the end of fall.

Winter brings on lot of exciting things; holidays, winter break, snow, snowboarding. But don’t forget, winter also brings on term papers and final examinations. When we come back to school next week, it will be December. This means we only have two weeks left, and then finals. If you are new to school this year, don’t be scared, but definitely be prepared. Finals are no joke.

If a final exam is your only chance of passing a class, then you should start studying ASAP. If you have done well over the semester, finals are a good chance to improve or maintain your grade. I suggest getting your final schedule in advance, and planning out when you will study for each final.

Keep in mind, final schedules are pretty random, and they can be scheduled and day from Monday-Saturday. I would advise not to load up finals week with hours at work. Try to maximize your studying time. Forming studying groups can help to understand tough subject areas, and also reinforce your understanding by explaining things to others. Try to use your past tests as a guide for about ¾ of a cumulative final.

Enjoy you’re Thanksgiving weekend, but keep in mind that the end of the semester is near. Thanks for reading.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on November 24, 2009 7:45 AM.

Recalling my time at UML… was the previous entry in this blog.

Crunch Time... is the next entry in this blog.