Gearing up for Pittsburg…

|

So if you have been following my blogs at all, you probably know that I am working on an undergraduate research project. I am going to be presenting my work next week at the 2009 ACS Rubber Expo in Pitsburg, PA. Right now I am working really hard to get things done. Click on the link below to read the description of my project.

The First Part of My Research Project...

The show that I am going to be presenting my project at gives awards for the best research paper, and the best poster presentation. I am making a poster, but I do not think I have a very good chance of winning. Last year, they gave out four $1500 awards. They were given to the best : undergraduate poster, graduate poster, undergraduate paper and graduate paper. This year they are only giving out two $1000 awards, to the best poster and the best paper, grads and undergrads mixed. I think it is very unlikely for an undergraduate to be able to compete against a graduate. Graduate students have more time, funding, resources as well as experience.

I am still very excited about going to this show. I think it will be a great experience for me, and I will be able to meet some potential employers at the show’s career fair. I still have a decent amount of work to do, so I am going to make this a short entry.

I’ll keep you posted on how the presentation goes, and I will try to post up some pictures from Pitsburg. Thanks for reading.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on October 6, 2009 8:43 AM.

Don’t know where to go… was the previous entry in this blog.

UML Career Fair/ MassPlastics Show… is the next entry in this blog.