The Hunt for October (career plans)…

Sorry baseball fans, but this article is about my career. As we get into the last couple of weeks in September, things at school are starting to roll. I have a couple of important dates coming up next month. The first is my research project presentation, which will be in Pittsburg, PA the second week of October at the 2009 ACS Rubber Expo. The second date is the UML engineering and technology career fair on October 21st.

Over the summer I have been working on a non-funded undergraduate research project. You can read about it in my previous entry:

The First Part of My Research Project I have been getting a lot of work done on testing my samples. I hope to have all of my testing done by the end of the month, so that I can work on my poster up until the presentation. Another great thing about my trip to Pittsburg is that I will be attending a career fair. I think that a lot of the companies attending are automotive suppliers and manufacturers. This would be good since I have a background in automotive.

The next big date is the UML engineering and technology career fair on October 21st. Last semester, the career fair was a bust. There were only 5 companies that were interested in my major, and only 3 of them showed up. I know that the economy has taken a beating, but I am keeping my hopes up that this career fair will have a better outcome than last semester.

I have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks. I need to get my work done and get my resume revised. I’m doing everything I can to prepare myself for the real world!

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on September 22, 2009 7:20 AM.

The changing of the season… was the previous entry in this blog.

Don’t know where to go… is the next entry in this blog.