One week down, Fifteen to go…

I hope everyone enjoyed they’re first week of classes.  The first couple of weeks of school are typically the most laid back and exciting, but they are also the most deceiving. One common mistake I have made in past semesters is to arrange my schedule according to the first couple weeks of school. This includes setting hours for work, signing up for extra curricular activities and any other way of committing time. This becomes an issue when the professors start assigning homework assignments, group projects, term papers, lab reports, and announce tests and quizzes that you will need to study for.

If you need to submit a schedule to a part time job or other organization, I highly recommend underestimating the hours you will be available, at least for the first couple of weeks. If you are not working part time, but you are managing your time, try to work in a few hours of studying/homework time. It will be nice the first few weeks when you can use this as leisure time. You will be glad you have this spare time once things get rolling. Once things get rolling, it’s similar to an avalanche; where you can either ski to the bottom or get buried.

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and short week. Have a great semester. Any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment.

peterpan13 said:

Oh finally, I get brilliant news just about One week down, Fifteen to go…? We suggest to find the thesis writing service or purchase define dissertation, because that helps for getting high grade if you have dissertation service.

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on September 8, 2009 7:09 AM.

My career backup plans… was the previous entry in this blog.

The changing of the season… is the next entry in this blog.