The interview process...

|

Over the past few weeks I have been spending some time applying for full time jobs. Since this will be my last semester at Umass Lowell, I want to try and find a place to start my career. However, it is not the best time to graduate; the job market has definitely been affected by the poor economy. I did receive a bit of hope from the effort I have recently put in.

One of the companies I have applied to asked me to take a couple of online assessment tests. What this means is that they reviewed my resume and decided that I actually qualified for the position available. I took the tests they asked me to, the first one was a management decision test, and the other was a reasoning test. The first one was not too difficult, but the second on was determining patterns between pictures. I found this to be pretty difficult. Hopefully my score will be high enough that they will ask me to come in for an interview.

I am keeping my hopes high, there is still plenty of time before I graduate to find a job. I am going to keep searching online for positions, and I will prepare my resume for the career fair in October. I am also attending a conference this fall where some potential employers will be. With some hard work and a little bit of luck I should be able to find my career.

Enjoy the last week of summer everyone!

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on August 24, 2009 7:01 AM.

The first day of my crazy schedule… was the previous entry in this blog.

My career backup plans… is the next entry in this blog.