Last month of summer…

|

We are now within 4 weeks of the start of school. This is the time I like to spend getting things in order for the next semester. Since my apartment is about 90% set up, I am setting my sights on the challenges that are going to face me in the future. First and foremost is finding a job.

I am in the process of revising my resume. This is tricky, because I will need to change the format in order to fit everything onto one page. This is also a good thing that I have some real experiences for employers to look at. I hope to have my resume ready to go by the time school starts.

In today’s tough economy, I will need every advantage as I can get. I have seen people graduate summa cum laude last semester and not been able to find a job. I am still struggling to try and graduate with a solid 3.0 GPA. I didn’t do too well freshmen and sophomore year, but if I get solid A’s in my last few classes it should be possible.

The last thing I need to do is probably the most important. I need to get organized. This is a simple sounding task that I have always acknowledged but never accomplished. I need to set up a strategy for my schedule, and my finances for my next few months to help me succeed.

I hope everyone enjoys the last few weeks of summer!

This page contains a single entry by Gordon, Guthrie W published on August 10, 2009 7:35 AM.

Hidden costs of moving into an apartment… was the previous entry in this blog.

The first day of my crazy schedule… is the next entry in this blog.